About this Course:
Introduction to Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) with Codesys and Aveva
Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) has been an increasingly popular term over the last few years, whereas it seemed a sci-fi nerdy dream and great plot for a movie at first, it is now everywhere around us and still growing. Chances are that it is the best next step for your organization at this point to implement more IIOT.
In this course, you will first learn the basic knowledge about IIOT, and what are the best steps to implement IIOT in your organization to get ahead of the competition.
You will learn how to monitor the production performance of the robot such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), cycle time, no. of production count etc using AVEVA software.
You will gain the ability to understand the process of building complete IIOT solution. Finally, you will learn how to integrate machine learning and AI into your system, allowing it to anticipate the needs of the user.
You will get a chance to learn well-known industry tools by learning Codesys programming and do user interface with Aveva. These 2 platforms are well-known in the industry as they are robust and easy to use.
CODESYS is an open source programming language, used to implement industrial control solutions. It complies with industrial standard IEC 61131-3 means that it is used by hundreds of hardware developers globally.
AVEVA empowers the operators to optimize routine human interactions with industrial automation systems. In this course, well-known use case is introduced.
Venues and Dates:
Date: 21-22 Sep 2021 (tentative)
Duration: 16 hours
Venue: Republic Polytechnic
Who should attend?
Engineers, executives, technicians, managerial decision-makers, and those who are keen to learn about IIOT and its applications.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the role of Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) and its’ role in Industry 4.0
• Implement Codesys software by hands-on programming
• Design a Human Machine Interface (HMI) using Aveva
• Troubleshoot Codesys program and identify areas for improvement
• Perform MES reporting, Data Visualisation and Data Analytics
• Describe User interfaces and backend platforms
• Explain IIOT system extensibility and portability
• Explain the linkage between AI and Automation
• Justify the use of IIOT in industrial use cases